Tuesday, November 22, 2016

New Change! Happy Thanksgiving



Well people officially one week down in the new change! Its been kind of a crazy week. I cant believe that Thanksgiving is coming up this week, how time is flying! Unfortunately here its basically the same as any other day... but hey its a good day to be able to give thanks, because I guess eating turkey and watching football isn't the only thing to do on that day. Well my new companion is Elder Chavez, he is a tall Mexican Elder and he is pretty cool, he has about 15 months in the mission and likes to work, and we have already seen a lot of good results in the area. We are hoping for the best in this Christmas season even though it can be a little hard sometimes because a lot of people leave the city or just kind of take a vacation from all their responsibilities that week. I saw that the Church campaign for Christmas this year is really centered on Service and I love the idea. We as a ward have a lot of service things we are going to be planning and as missionaries we have the chance to serve every day. but I would like to go up and beyond this Christmas. I also want to extend the invitation to everybody reading that they can do a small service for someone in these days of the season. Serve who you want however you want, just serve. The little acts almost always go a long way. But anyways this week for us we received the new Elders in the zone on Wednesday and we are helping them get settled in. We had divisions with Quezaltepeque on Thursday and with La Nueve Concepcion on Saturday so me and my companion actually haven't had a whole lot of time to work together. But it was pretty good and i love getting to know other Elders, especially the newer ones so that I can feed off the new missionary fire they sometimes bring. Its awesome. Other than that Ill be honest everything is so normal and blurred I couldn't even tell you. But I love Apopa and love the people here. I also want to share my testimony with you guys that I know this Church is the true Church on God on the Earth. That God has restored His Gospel and called a prophet to guide us in these last days. I also know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I have read it many times now and have prayed and have felt strong and unmistakable spiritual impressions that it is true. The Atoning sacrifice of my Savior has changed me and keeps changing me, and I am eternally grateful for His mercy. Thanks for all the support and love, wish you guys the best Thanksgiving!

Elder Nelson







1 comment:

  1. Elder Nelson, I love your comment about Thanksgiving being more than turkey and football. So true! And I'm glad you got to see the church's Christmas initiative. Service is such a great key to living the gospel! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete