Monday, October 31, 2016

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Happy Halloween!!!! Unfortunately NOBODY CELEBRATES HALLOWEEN HERE ugh people just ask about it. Lame. When we knock on doors here instead of candy we usually get a door pushed back in the face. But ya know some things are sweeter than candy. Anyways this week was pretty normal. I don't know i feel like everything is normal for me even though for you guys its not. I cant believe November is already around, i wish I could say I'm waiting for a white Christmas but.... yeah I'm in El Salvador. Oh well. This week we did a lot of divisions with other Elders. We have 25 elders in the zone so we can be stretched pretty thin. 
I went up to Reubicacion on Tuesday.  I was with Elder Belanger which is one of the only missionaries that was in my group in the CCM here in this mission. So it was pretty awesome to work with him and see how much we have improved in this time. Its pretty crazy to think how stressed we got to do a simple practice in Spanish in the CCM and that we spent the whole day contacting people in fluent Spanish. Its pretty amazing when you really think about it. But yeah that was awesome and then Thursday I worked with Elder Garcia that is from Mexico.  Actually not too far from Arizona and said he has been to AZ a couple times so it was cool to work with him. Other than that we also had Stake Conference here. President Vasquez came and also The temple Presidency and also Elder Perez who is an Area 70.  It was cool to hear from all them and to see them all talk mostly about the family and the blessings of the temple and the importance of serving everyone. Also a fun surprise... Our Bishop's Uncle, who investigated the church 30 years ago and then stopped going, showed up to church and seemed interested again and we went to his house and he seems pretty positive. That was really needed because we are looking for everyone we can to teach. I think that sometimes God just tries our patience and diligence before letting us see miracles.  And see we keep working. This month was kind of hard on the mission, but things are looking up from here and we should have a lot more success in November.
well that was pretty much the week. Oh and you remember when i got those pictures taken of me in San Vicente a few weeks back? Yeah well I got a call and aparently they were going to use one of those pictures in one of the newspapers here in El Salvador that's called "El Diario de Hoy" and send it could be printed any day from last Saturday on. Unfortunately with my lack of seeing the newspaper I haven't actually seen it yet so I am not sure if it has been printed out yet but I just want you all to know...... ya boy Elder Nelson is going to be famous here in El Salvador. Taking over the world one step at a time. Thanks for everything love you guys!!

Elder Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment