Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July!

Hello everyone!! Happy 4th!!! Today was pretty fun. For pday we got together as a zona and ordered pizaa and played volleyball and good old american football and what not. So I got at least a little part of the traditions. There are only like 2 other Americans in this zone so I guess many weren't as excited as I was. ANYWAYS. Sounds like everyone had a good time up at Joe's place! I can't believe you guys were in sweatshirts... It's July! But glad that Heber still goes hard with the 4th of July life. 

Anyways, this week actually went really well. We had a lot of service projects and my hands are all blistered up. Mostly I spent many hours this week chopping plants and weeds with a machete which is always fun. And Sunday I spent hours shoveling dirt which was also fun. Needless to say I'm really tired. But other than that we had a good week. We found a lot of people and had 9 people that came to church with us that weren't members. Many of them are progressing a lot. This weekend we also did a fast together with an investigador so she could make the decision on when she wants to get baptized. Although she didnt' make the decision at the end we did have a powerful lesson and got her to express her doubts on why she won't get baptized. She says she has doubts about Joseph Smith that we never knew before so that was a huge blessing of the fast because now we know how to help her. Fasting always is an awesome experience here in the mission. We also has leadership council with President which was really good. Sad news is the next week a bunch of my good mission friends are going home. Shout out to my boy Elder Kimball that goes back to Utah. It's been good to be with you man. Also Elder Marriot and Elder Pace and Elder Letona they are just a few of the many great ones we are losing. Time is flying by. 

Anyways, I have a storng testimony of this gospel. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. This morning I was reading in Helaman 5 and it struck me the miracles they could do because of their rightousness and faith. Also, I loved the words from the father to his sons Lehi and Nefi. He talks about how he gave them there names for there forefathers that crossed the sea and that they should always live to honor their name. It's a good reminder. I always what to strive to honor the name my parents have given me. Love you guys! Until next week!






1 comment:

  1. Good work Elder Nelson! I'm sure your service is greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete