Monday, July 11, 2016

Changes?!???!



Hellooooo friends!!! It was great to hear from all of you this week! Sounds like life is just GREAT because life is good here like always. This was quite the week and like always in this moment I forget everything but oh well we will see what comes out in the letter. First off, Changes are this week..... anddd.... I have changes! I will be going to my fourth area and will be leaving this Wednesday. I don't know where I will be going they don't tell us until Tuesday night and then Wednesday I just have to find my way there. I am super excited and nervous and also sad. I really liked it here in San Vicente. its been good to me. At the beginning of the change it was kind of hard to get along with my companion but we found the right mixture and I'm actually sad to be leaving him. We had a lot of success together! 

Anyways this week was kind of crazy. Anyways this Tuesday I probably had one of the best experiences of my mission. It is really sacred to me so I probably wont share everything. But we have this investigador that has two kids and she has been receiving lessons for about 3 years now. All this week we have been having this huge tropical storm and there hasn't been a day I haven't been waddling through the streets with water up to my knees. Anyways we went to a lesson in a member's home that lives close to America (thats the name of the investigador) and we arrived soaking wet. We got there and as we were talking her elderly mother who is really, really "cranky" arrived at the window of this members house and started shouting very bad words and insults at her and it was really bad. It was kind of one of the moments you just had to put your head down and pray. Anyways there was a huge fight and finally she left and America was crying and super angry and we just starting singing hymns and she was bawling. Me and my comp were praying that God would give us the words to say because we had no idea what to say. After the prayer, all I can say is God did his miracles and I dont even remember the lesson well I just remember the strange feeling of opening the mouth and words were coming out that weren't mine or my companions. The spirit was so strong. I honestly felt the presence of angels in the room and they comforted her and touched her deep in the heart were she needed to be touched. Long story short, they all committed to baptism. The kid got baptized this saturday and the other two are going to get baptized the 29th of July. This is was makes this mission great. 

Also on Saturday we got permission to go to the temple. Its rare the Pte gives permission to go because the grandparents of a family that we baptized in June are going to get sealed. We got permission to go see their sealing. It was remarkable. That is what the mission is about, creating eternal families. I know the church is true and I am very thankful for the chance to serve. I know the temple is very sacred and the spirit will guide us when we need it. Thanks for all the support.  Love you guys!!

Elder Nelson







No comments:

Post a Comment