Monday, March 7, 2016

One Year Mark!

Hello everyone! Sorry for not writing a big letter last week, im still alive. Dont worry. This week was good and bad. we had a lot of things to do this week so we didnt have as much time as I would have wanted to work. This is actually the last week of changes and they were supposed to tell us last night if we are staying or moving to a different area but they werent ready and will tell us today. Its likely I'll be moving areas but nothing is certain here. Ill let you guys know this week. We have had success getting our people coming to church but we lack support from the world and so its a struggle to get them baptized. There has been a rumor that they might close down our area again but I hope its not true because we really do have a lot of good investigatores. Thats basically all that went down this week. Our area has been a little more agitated recently with the conflicts here so we have been a little more on edge but we feel very protected. 

Im glad everyone is safe and sound. Loved seeing picture of Tyler and Anneke's baby. She looks so good and im sure you guys are so happy and very busy. Wish I could be there to share it with you guys. And also I passed one year in the mission! On Friday was my year mark, I cant tell if it has gone by fast of slow honestly. Time has flown by but to think I'm only half way is kind of daunting. I love the mission but it is also very hard and I miss my family. Sometimes I get down on myself becasue I feel I am not having as much success as I should but I try to stay positive. 



This week I have learned so much about the atonement and gratitude. I have found that if we give thanks its such a powerful tool to put our minds right and get the spirit. I listened to a talk from Elder Eyring that says we should practice saying prayers throughout the day just to give thanks and not to ask for more blessings.  Just give thanks for the many blessings we already have. I have put that into practice and felt great power. 

I love you all very much! Ill sent a 15 second cut of the video of me doing the traditional shirt burn (sorry mom). Turns out fire is hot and when you light things on fire it can get out of control fast.  Also, when you get a year in the mission sometimes your pants just kind of tear... ooopps. Love you guys thanks for all the support!





1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete