Monday, February 15, 2016

Haaapppyyy VVVV DAAAYYYY (plus pictures!)

Hello everyone! Well Valentines day passed I didn't even realize it. I wasn't sure if it was the 14th or the 15th of February... To be honest Im still not 100 percent sure. Anyways I got packages Mom!!! Thanks for the candies and heart attack and everything else that was in there. It really does make my month when i get those packages. But it was awesome thanks so much. I have to apologize for the email last week apparently the Internet has been super bad in the whole country basically and I'm not sure why but i hope it gets better. This week had its ups and downs... and ill explain why. I'm officially mad that you guys are going to Disneyland without me. its just not the land of magical dreams without me there. So you guys wont get the full experience without me there, sorry to break it to you. 

Anyways this week was really hard. Its been a little cooler and pretty windy and dry. Nobody wanted to talk to us this week... and we spent a little more time walking than I wanted to. Also Antonio's baptism got delayed... but we are still hoping for the best. My companion got a little discouraged but he seems better now. Tyler told me before the mission the that mission will consist of some of the highest highs and lowest lows and everywhere in between. I testify of the words of my brother. Amen Tyler, amen. 

But something really cool happened. We had a multi Zona with Elder Duncan! I love how so many leaders come to visit us. It was probably the best and most powerful meeting i have had so far in my entire mission. Never have I felt such a strong spirit testify to me of so many things. I think of the time when Christ came to the Americas and it says that parts of his teachings could not be written nor understood because they had to be heard with the powerful spirit that was there. I feel it was the same. it will be hard to communicate the magnitude of the meeting through email, but ill try my best to give you my highlights. ( I hope you guys don't mind when I give summaries of when people come to speak but I just love the leaders so much i cant help myself.) Anyways Elder Duncan is one of the 70 and also the presidency of Area here in Central America. Also now he is one of my favorite General authorities. He gave us a lot of cool advice and council on how to improve in our areas and how to work with the members. It really changes our perspective and I understand now how much we can change to meet out potential. So that was cool. He also talked about how the Lord is accelerating his work here. He explained how in the last 8 months there has been something like 12 new stakes here in central America compared to the last 2 or 3 years there had been about 4 in total. He then showed a graphic of all the world and it was cool to see how the work is moving in the latter days and all the prophesies are being fulfilled. he also talked about who we are as missionaries. That's the part i cant really put into word, but ill just say there wasn't a dry eye in the room. He also talked about how our mission was different than every other mission in the world because of the situation that the country is in and how we have to live, and gave us awesome consejos on that. Also he talked about the importance of the Sacrament, which blew my mind and opened my eyes. So those are my highlights.

Anyways Thanks for all the support from everyone. Love you all so much and I'm praying for you guys. And i thank you for the prayers! Love you guys !

Elder Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment