Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy Monday!

Heeeeellllooooo everyone! I'm happy to be somewhat talking to you this monday through email even though it is just me writing down the conversation that goes on in my head. Apart from going a little crazy, this week has been pretty good. It was cool to hear about the baptisms in the ward back home and I send my congratulations to the family back there. Its cool to reminder and see that the Gospel is being spread in all the parts of the Earth. Also my thoughts and prayers go out to the Neeves family, it was sad to hear the news. I have always enjoyed seeing Sister Neeves every Sunday and she will be missed back home. But it makes me so happy to know about the Plan of Salvation and the comfort to know that God has a plan, and it is perfect. Also shout out to the Gage family! i got your package and it was awesome! My companion enjoyed it too. i honestly think he has gotten more things sent to him from my family than he has gotten from his because he is still waiting for his in the mail. You guys are awesome. 

Anyways this week was good and flew by like no other. Looking back I have to think hard about what we did. the mission sometimes is just like one big blur. This Wednesday we had a big milti zona where basically the half of the mission that is in central got all together with President Vasquez. It was quite an experience. Usually these meetings are really upbeat and exciting as well as spiritual to animate us for the work. This meeting did the same, but in a very different manner. We all could tell from the start that President had something on his mind, and when he spoke an unusual silence fell over us. They started sharing stats from the mission in the past year which was cool to see because we had good growth in our mission from 2014 to 2015. But then in a very serious manner our President shared that he along with the leaders of the Church were worried. World wide there has been a slight decline in the mission work. And attacks in opposition to the plan of God are very evident. He gave a powerful talk on the Atonement and gave us many cautions saying that we walk and work and fight in Satan's territory, and he is mad. He is now attacking our very homes, companionships, families, and church all of which is our territory. As a father lovingly chastises a son, he called us to repentance, saying that if we do not repent we will not make it through these difficult times. If we let the opposition take away our strengths and territory that we have as respite from the trials of the world, we lose strength and fall. He then spoke of specific things we will be changing in the mission and the importance of our work, to call people unto repentance through Baptism. This week I've spent much time pondering on if I really understand the atonement of Christ and allow the power of it to work through me and give me strength and take away my sins. I have had indescribably amazing experiences looking to Christ for my answer. I felt a need to tell this to you guys because I hope you realize the daily war that we face. I didn't realize the magnitude of it until I came here, but I couldn't shake the feeling of the proximity of the second coming. Its here, even at the door step and things will just get worse in the world. But God's plan is perfect, and those that fight on his side and use His Atonement everyday will always come off victorious. 

Well that was my week. I didn't mean to write so serious but that is what came to me as I started. I want you to know I have a testimony of my Savior. I know He lives. He will lift us up when we call upon Him. He never leaves our side and I hope we all ask for Him for the help He is so willing to give. I know this Church is true and and the power of the priesthood is real. The power to seal families for time and all eternity is on the Earth and we should do all that is possible to be worthy of such blessing. 

Well I love you all. Oh yeah we now wont have change meetings here which is where we all meet to do changes when we change areas. So it will be interesting how we will get to our areas from here on out because in this Country traveling is quite an experience. Love you all and thanks for all the support!

Elder Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment