Monday, October 5, 2015

Where is Elder Nelson.. ?

Hey Family and friends. I hope all is going well back in the States and wherever you find yourselves. I am so thankful for the chance I had this weekend to watch General Conference. To watch General conference on the mission is an experience I hope to never forget and one I hope I have every 6 months for the rest of my life. The spirit is so strong and i am so in tuned to the talks they give and they are some of the most treasured thing ever. I cant wait to apply what God has told us he wants us to do, and I hope all of you take the step to apply what you felt and learned, following the council of Elder Eyring. Also I wept this conference. For those of you who know me well, Im sure you know why. I add my solemn testimony to the talk of Elder Holland. The love I have for my dear mother and more importantly the love i know she has for me and all her family is something that can not be of this Earth, something so incredibly divine and Godly that upon thinking of my mom I couldn't help but fight back the stream of tears of joy. I love you mom, and know your love is the closest thing on this Earth to the love that the Savior has for us. Thank you for that example. SO I was sitting in the Stake center here in Apopa... WAIT.. .Did he just say Apopa?!
Yes, I am in a new area. I am now located and serving far from San Miguel, which was a surprise, in the ward Villa Mariona in the Stake Apopa! It is about 40 minutes outside the capitol. My area is huge, and when you think of a central American village in the middle of a jungle that pretty much describes my area. There are hills EVERYWHERE that I firmly believe are close to 90 degrees, so much so you cant take any cars or vehicles on them. My companion is Elder Rodriguez! He has 22 months in the mission and goes home in December, so he has a lot of experience. He has been good about teaching me the area.
Anyways is was a little hard to leave San Miguel . We actually had a few investigators of ours cry, and i cried too, when we left. I didn't realize how much I loved the people I served there and hope i get the chance to visit them again. One of the members named Kelvin was like my big brother, and it was hard to say goodbye. He gave very brotherly words of council that I will strive to live the rest of my life. He truly is a huge example to me. He has been through more than you can imagine, but so strong in the Gospel. I hope to become someone like him one day.
Anyways I hope everyone enjoyed their week. I have a lot to do this week and so many people to meet, but I am so excited to start this new journey. If you want to know more about where I am, you can look up the ward boundaries in my ward on LDS.org. Thank you for everything you guys do for me! Love you guys!
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment