Monday, September 14, 2015

American Food Table and Choose to Be Happy

Hello everyone! I am very happy to be writing to you guys this morning. Its so awesome that you guys got to all go to San Diego! Congrats Nick on the wedding! That temple there is so pretty, Ill go inside some day. AND you guys get to go to the most magical place on Earth (apart from the temple)..... Lake Powell. I am so jealous, somebody better make that flip on the wakeboard finally. Anyways I am writing a little later today but its because we just had a big pot luck thing with the food from your country. I am actually stuffed and the American table came in strong with the PB&J, hot dogs, mashed potatoes, and grilled cheese, and a selfie stick all on an american flag. ´Merica. Anyways I am doing really great here and love and miss you all very much. I wish I could be there with you guys in all these cool things that are happening but every day this week I had the opportunity to run home in the pouring rain and thunder so I'm pretty sure my experiences are better. 

Anyways this week was actually really good. We have a family that is progressing very well and we hope that the dad will get baptized this week because the family said they will follow his example after he does it. He has already dropped drinking cafe and is a super humble dude. This family is probably some of my favorite investigadores I have had so far. I am not going to lie at the beginning of this week I was pretty homesick. This has been a struggle through my mission because I am really attached to my family and some times I have to just let myself miss them. But once we start working in the day all that gets pushed away and I am perfectly fine. Me and Elder Burgos get along really well, and he is actually basically the same person as me, we have a lot of fun.

One of the biggest things that I have learned is that no matter what you just have to smile and have a good time. It is really easy to get down on yourself in the mission, but all that is just a choice. Choose to be happy, and other people will see that light in you and want a little part of it. I have found at times people will come up to us and ask to be taught or just want to know why we do what we do, everyday, all day. At times i am truly sad when I think of all the people that just don't have the Gospel, don't have in their lives the one thing that can bring more joy and happiness that anything else. When we get a door slammed in our face or obscene words getting thrown at us in the street, I really truly couldn't care less what they think of me, but am genuinely sad that they just haven't had the opportunity to fill the Gospel work in their lives like I have had. I know without a doubt that this Gospel is true, and without fail my true and only goal in this life is to be worthy to have Eternal Life and live with my family and my Father in Heaven again. I thank you all for everything you have done for me. Hope this week is a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment