Monday, August 31, 2015

blessing from Elder Nelson, baptisms, volcanos and more + picture!

Hey everyone! Great to hear from you guys like always on Monday. I am so thankful for my family and the chance to talk with you guys once every week. Sometimes it is what gets me going into the new week. Mom, I loved your story about the Wifi in Canada! Such a cool story and I know Heavenly Father always looks out and cares for us. Something like recieving an email isnt a life or death situación but it just goes to show that Heavenly Father cares about us and wants us to be happy and have joy in this life. I'm very grateful for you Mommy and love you very much! And Jessie and Kevin your kids are getting so big! I may have shed a tear or two when I saw the picture of your kids. I miss them so much and love hearing about the stroies when they pray for me. I think those are the most powerful prayers going my way. Thank you very much. And I'm glad they enjoy the picture of my wrestle and victory with the giant lizards. And Tyler and Anneke I'm jealous you guys get to spend so much time in Yellowstone, Its on my bucketlist. Take Pictures!

Anyways, this week was quite a busy one! I have gotten the hang a little bit of training but there is still a lot i need to learn. This week we spent a lot of time in San Salvador, we had to go thursday to immigration for my companion and Friday we went for the Multi Mission. It was such an awesome experience! Elder Nelson was here and it was such a powerful experience. It was something i will never forget. He talked a lot about the importance of missionaries woking together with the Bishops. Its the key to missionary work in the ward. As missionaries we are here basically as assistants to the bishop, and we need to be willing and eager to help him with anything he needs. Also, the most powerful of all was at the end. Elder Nelson can be a funny guy, but at the end he got very very serious. He felt impressed to leave an apostolic blessing with us. He said he felt there were many of us in the room worried about sickness and the danger of El Salvador, and felt impressed to leave a blessing. He blessed us with many beautiful things, and said more or less, "With the Holy Priesthood of God that I hold, I leave with you an Apostolic blessing from God himself here with you as missionaries in El Salvador"... and he blessed us with health, saftey, Success with the people of El Salvador, and, my favorite, "The Blessing to return home in safety with your loved ones back home". The spirit was so strong. it was a physical presence in the room, and I know Heavenly Father is here with us in El Salvador watching out for us.

Also this week we had a Stake Conference in San Miguel! They divided the stake into two! That means the missionary work is going forward here in El Salvador! I am so very grateful to witness such a blessing for the people here in El Salvador and a huge step forward for the work here in this area. This means they will probably change up all the zones in the mission and most likely more missionaries will come to this mission! Very excited, there are big things ahead.

This week we have a lot of work to do, We have a couple families that are really positive. One is Miguel and his family. This man told us that he had never gone to any church or listened to any teachings from any church, but when we came to his door his heart was touched and said it was his time to change. Little by little he is making big steps in the Gospel and has come to church two weeks in a row. He has a baptismal date for later this month. We have many investigadores and are very excited for what lies ahead. We are hoping for two more bautismales this week.

I also want to say how much I am thankful for this Gospel and the Knowledge of Eternal Families. It is by far the most important thing in this world for me. I said it before and will say it again. Mom, Dad, I love you so Much and am so grateful for everything you have sacrificed and taught me to get me where I am today. It hasnt gone unnoticed and i hope to one day be the kind of parent that you guys were to me, there would be no greater honor. I am very grateful also for every one one of my brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, cousins, friends and everyone in my life that has guided me to this point. Love you all! Till next week!

Elder Nelson

Ps here is a picture with me and some CCM friends I saw at the Multi Mission!

PPS The volcano is still smoking everyday and there are a lot of rumors that it will erupt soon. Its changing the weather patterns! People are saying its eating up all the rain because it rains everywhere except for here is San Miguel!




No comments:

Post a Comment