Monday, July 6, 2015

New Companion!

Hey everyone! Happy 4th of July Weekend! Its funny... i didn't even really realize it was 4th of July weekend until the day actually came around, hope everyone was safe and enjoyed the amazing USA! Also this week i heard President Packer died. He was very old and this last General Conference i had a feeling it was his last time speaking to us, but still it was sad to hear him going. It wont be the same without him and I am grateful for his testimony, especially on the importance of family. I know that through this gospel families can be together forever and can experience everlasting joy and happiness. It sure will be interesting to see which apostles get called to serve in the upcoming months. 

So I am officially done being trained! I am now a normal missionary and it actually feels good, i hate the feeling of being that new guy. But those days are close to being over. So I am still in San Miguel in the same area.. But my companion got the call last night that he has changes this Wednesday! SO this Wednesday we will be busing into San Salvador where I receive my new companion. i am super excited to see what the future holds... And a part of me feels like I am going to receive a Latino Companion so that will be interesting to live with someone that doesn't speak English. But honestly the Spanish is coming along pretty well and I don't have too many problems communicating with the people here. SO Next week Ill let you know who my new companion is! 

It sounds like all is going well there in the States! I loved hearing about people fourths of July's and wish i could be at the cabin with Mom and Dad! I love those memories but it looks like you guys had a lot of fun and enjoyed the rain. Also it is super cool that Jessie and Kevin and your kids could spend it up in Provo.. I heard that it awesome to be up there in that time and look forward to it! Even though it sounds super hot... welcome to El Salvador life!

Life here goes as normal. We found a lot of people to teach the week and actually committed a lot to baptism but I don't know how many will actually go through with it we will see in the next couple weeks. This next month or so I feel like will be fun because rumor is there is an apostle coming! But I don't know when. Anyways that's all I got for today. Love you all and i am so thankful for the opportunity to serve this mission. Thank you all for the love and support!

Elder Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment