Monday, July 13, 2015

La Noticia de El Salvador

Buenas Días! I am currently writing on a small run down cyber with a old terrible computer that barely works but the important thing is I get to write home RIGHT?! Anyway news from transfers! I did get a new companion this week! (see attached photo, I realized I didnt have a photo with him yet so I made him take a photo about 8 minutes ago). His name is Elder Perdomo! And yes... he is a Latino. He is from Honduras and although he thinks he can speak English and likes to try he really cant hahah, But he is awesome,. So we've had about 5 or 6 days together but I have learned so much from him and we get a long great. He has been around in the mission about 17 months so he has a lot of tricks he is teaching me! One of them being sign language... For some reason I thought learning a language wasn't hard enough so I decided to tag on another. But its awesome and quite the experience living with somebody from such a different culture and language but I love it. 

One way to describe my companion... a ball of unrelentless energy. Always he is moving and running and talking and working and a I actually love it. We work hard, At times we are running to citas or to make it back on time at the nights. Being exactly obedient is the key. Just be obedient and work hard and you will see miracle in every aspect of your life. Especially the little things. I have a belief that sometimes the little things we have to do in life that don't really make sense is a test of our obedience and willing to serve. When we past the test, and are obedient con exactitud, we will see the miracle. In the last week, minus the two days before the change, We found 30 new investigators... which is a lot. Of these 30 about 10 or 11 committed to go to church the next week and we also found an old investigator that is about ready to get baptized. She has a great testimony and expressed her desire to make this covenant with God. We are really happy and praying for her. I have also learned how the time on the mission can fly by like no other. Yeah, its easy to think... "aaaahh ya tengo 4 meses en mi misión pero falta 20 todavia.. nunca voy a salir este país yo"  but when you are working hard and losing yourself in the work there isn't enough time left and you look back at the end of the week and feel like the last Sunday was 2 days ago but already a week has passed. Work.. there is no substitute.

I realized a few of you, though probably not many, may wonder what life is like here. I forget that you guys don't get to see the normal things I see everyday. My mom asked me about the food here! The members in the area feed us almost everyday. My main diet consists rice and beans and chicken with some type of drink that I have grown to absolutely love. MY favorite se llama Tamarindo and is made of a bean from around here and is super sweet. I have also eaten things I really never want to eat or look at again... but a part of being a missionary is no matter how much it makes you want to gag you just have to eat everything you are served. Don't worry mom, I have been eating my vegetables, but Ill never again complain about the veggies I used to have. My veggies consists of Prunes, radishes, Cucumbers, squash, cauliflower, and 3 or 4 really interesting one I don't even know what is called. I have eaten just about every part of of the chicken you don't want to eat, including organs and strait bone marrow.... which actually isn't that bad. I was fed a giant liver about the size of my head, without exaggerating, covered in sauce. Annnd mushed up stuff I don't even know. But there is lot of great food here.. like the pupusas,, love those. Well thats just a small part of my diet that i can think of in the moment.. Trust me, there is a lot more.

To finally I got PACKAGES. three to be exact... it felt like Christmas and all the other Elder were jealous. Thank you so much I actually has so much candy and peanut butter and all sorts of goodies (well had) as well as more pictures from home and a few cards from friends. I loved it and it brightened my whole month. You guys are awesome.

Well thats all i got today. Love you all and Pray for your safety and well being. Salu de EL SALVADOR!!!

Elder Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment