Monday, June 29, 2015

Last week of training! + Pictures

Hello Friends and Family!

I am always so very grateful for the love and support I get from my friends and family back home. It hit me today that Elder Farnsworth is right around his year mark on the mission! thats crazy it feels like yesterday all of us guys were living it up in the summer time before we all went our separate ways. Now a lot of my boys are coming up on a year mark and we all have started serving our missions at the least. Its crazy how the time flies and i am so grateful for the example all my friends and family have given me. I wish all the best and always keep you all in my prayers as well.

So this week felt like it blew by so fast! As I mentioned in my last email, last P-Day we had the opportunity to go play paintball! Ill attach a picture of that. How cool is that that we got to get the opportunity to do so on our mission, who would have thought. Also the volcano cleared up without incident and now it is just hot, hot, and more hot. At times I have to wring out my clothes at the end of the day because they are filled with sweat, but I wouldnt have it any other way! Other than that, this week was pretty normal. We found a LOT of new investigators this week and some of them seem pretty promising. The Familia Zuniga, a family of 6, all came to church with us so that was pretty cool! We look for ways to extending the invitation to be baptized in this upcoming week with a lot of them. Its amazing to see how humble and how prepared some of these people are. Its quite an inspiration to me. Also I want of divisions the week the Elder Beecher! We had a lot of good lessons and I learned a lot. We are both blond hair, blue eyes white boys, so the people here loved to talk to us hahah we even had the experience that during one of lessons this family of about 7 was taking pictures of us! It was pretty funny, I love it here and it is gonna be weird to go back to the states one day and not have people staring at you everywhere you go.

Well the upcoming week is the last week of the change, and last week of of my training. I am really excited to be able to move on and get more and more responsibilities and opportunities to serve the Lord. My companion is awesome, and he teaches me a lot. Still, we have disagreements, and im not going to lie at times it seems there is no end, but at the end of the day we always pray to the Lord with each other and work out any problems and difficulties that we have. I am so grateful for the blessings of this gospel, one of which being the comforting power of the Holy Ghost. At times of deep need and trial, I can feel the loving embrace of Savior and Redeemer, who will never leave my side. I am pretty sure either me or my companion will have changes this week, and I actually have heard a rumor thats pretty exciting.... But im not gonna say anything until I find out if its true or not this week! So there is the teaser of the week from ELder Nelson. Well, that about sums up my week. Its great to hear from the family and im jealous of you guys for being able to go to Utah! I heard from Elder Beecher, who is from Logan, its really really hot there right now. Not that much different than AZ.

Well, love and miss you all. Thanks for all the love, support, and prayers. I look forward to serving the Lord this week with all that I have, and i encourage you all to do likewise. If you have a desire to serve the lord, ye are called to this work. Search and pray for opportunities, and you will see miraculously people in need placed in you path, and you will taste the true joy that comes from the Lord. I have the wonderful opportunity to do so every day. Till next week!



Elder Nelson

P.S. I climbed a sketch tower this week and got a cool picture of the volcano.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to go paintballing! That is probably a great diversion! It's funny that the people want to take your picture. That happened to Sarah. And they wanted to touch her arms...

    ReplyDelete