Monday, July 27, 2015

IT'S MONDAY + Pictures!!

Hola como estamos?! i loved hearing about your trip to Idaho.  It sounds like a bunch of fun! And congratulations to Bree and Rimo for graduating from BYUI! Thats awesome, I cant believe thats already here. Its crazy how fast time flies. Before I know it Navy is going to be 2 years old and Ill be coming home! ... Okay yeah thats still a ways off but this is my one day a week to think about home so let me enjoy it okay? anyways Im happy everyone is doing well and being safe. Everyone looked so good in the pictures mom sent me and i already feel like you have all changed a lot. Funny story throughout El Salvador I am known as the missionary from Alemania... which is funny because no matter how many times I tell them I lived in the USA all the latinos love to call me it. It doesn't bother me though, its different than the usual "GRINGO" call that I receive in the streets... and almost every investigator we receive thinks I am from Germany. That's what I get for being a blonde hair blue eyed white boy in Central America I guess.

Anyways, life goes on here in San Miguel! These past couple weeks Ive been close to some other missionaries from Arizona that are ending their missions. Their names are Elder Hazelgreene, Elder Smart, and Elder Jones (in case any of you guys already know them). Its sad to see them leave. But anyways this week we had 6 new investigators at the church so we were pretty excited about that! Its always a struggle to get people to come to church. Unfortunately our baptism this week has to be postponed until the 15 of agosto, which was kinda sad but we are praying hard for her! Right now we have 5 baptisms scheduled for the 15 of agosto and we are hoping and working hard to make sure they all go through. 

This past PDAY was BEACH DAY! we got to go down to La Union and see the beach. I'll attach some pictures. It was fun and nice to escape from the normal routine of being a missionary. I also got got to know some other missionaries; there are some really awesome guys working down here in the Lords work! Anyways other than leveling up to a level 6 washing-clothes-by-hand merit badge, life goes on. Its hot, really hot actually, and this week I was more tired than usual. I used to think that when you are a missionary you somehow have amazing amounts of energy that you feel like you could fly, but the reality is actually that some days you are dead tired and exhausted but as you work and pray for strength God ALWAYS gives you what is needed to do the work you are called to do. It has been a great blessing in my life.

Anyways, to end I just want to share my testimony of this Gospel. I know with all my heart it is true and want nothing more than to live within the bounds of this Gospel the rest of my life. There is no greater joy than serving the Lord and I have felt that so abundantly. I wish you could partake of it as well. I love every aspect of the Evangelio, especially about the Family. Not a day goes by that I am not grateful for my family, especially my parents. I am so grateful for everything that they do for me and have taught me. I know that all of who I am today is because of what they have taught and showed me through their loving actions every day. Love you guys!! 

Okay that's all I have for today, i know I am missing something I wanted to write about but that's the fun part about being timed while you write. Love you all and thanks for all the blessings and prayers!

Elder Nelson







1 comment:

  1. Great pictures:) thank you for your testimony Elder Nelson! I too believe that the Lord gives us strength beyond our own. He is so merciful!

    ReplyDelete