Monday, June 15, 2015

Hello!

Greetings Family and Friends!

Its always so nice to get the opportunity to write home on Mondays. Mostly because here when the days are long and you arent having much success, sometimes some of the only things still pushing you along is the thought of all the people that love and support you and all the people that are counting on you to be the best you can be. Thank you all to everyone for the love and support, every letter, email, prayer, and thought that goes my way can at times physically lift me through my trials and I am so very thankful for everyone in my life.

This week I wish I could say was awesome, but the truth is it was really hard. There were high points this week, but also many low points. We have started to have what seemed to be awesome positive investigators, but as the week wore on less and less we could find people at home and more and more our appointments were being canceled. We work so very hard, and we try to be obedient as we can, at sometimes I found myself asking "What is God trying to teach me?" I know that every trial, blessing, moment in my life is a gift from my heavenly father and every night I thank Him for every struggle and blessing that crosses my path. In this moment my spirits are high and I have a lot of Faith that this week will be a good one.

One of our investigators Ercelia is such an inspiration to me. She has the strongest testimony still and is our most consistent attendee to Church, we are just waiting for some of her papers so she can finally get married and make the covenant of baptism. We are praying everyday that they come soon so that we have the opportunity to help her make this amazing step in this change. For me actually Ill admit the Spanish is coming along a lot better. I am far from fluent and mostly just lack vocab, something that will come from time and future Latino companions, but I have a pretty good grasp of the grammar which for a lot of people is the hardest. Im even starting to have at least half my dreams in Spanish which is an awesome and crazy feeling!

I also this week received some letters and even a package from Mommy! German chocolate is a good spirit lifter no matter what is happening. Thanks mommy! Also I received a bunch of letters which is the greatest feeling in the world. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to do so. Many from Grandpa and Grandma Sheldon, The Gages, Jessie and Kevin and Kai and Lexi, Tyler and Anneke and so many more. Right now in the moment, ill admit I cant remember the names of everyone. That's what happens when you rush in an hour of writing. But thank you all!

Anyways I am so grateful for the opportunity to be serving a mission. I have learned so very much and met so many people with stories and testimonies I never could have imagined and it is so inspiring. I know every day in my life is a blessing and I have the blessing to give back two years, a small part of everything He has given me, to serve others. The service of others and sharing the Gospel brings a joy incomparable to anything else in the world. Love you all! Till next week!

Elder Nelson


1 comment:

  1. We are so grateful for your efforts Elder Nelson! I'm glad you are feeling the love and prayers from so many who love and care about you. We do remember you in our prayers always!

    ReplyDelete