Monday, February 6, 2017

The last email

Hello everyone. I want to thank you all for the emails and the support that you guys have given me in these last couple weeks. I feel very loved and know there are a lot of people that have been thinking and praying for me and I am so very thankful. I feel a rush of emotions right now, a mix of excitement, anxious, fear, sadness, and a lot of joy. Really I cant describe how I feel to be finishing the mission. It doesn't seem real but I'm also realizing that it is very real and coming very fast. A lot of people in these days and weeks have been trying to tell and prepare me for the life after the mission, the importance of staying on the path and keeping the commandments, doing the little things to always keep a testimony strong. Although I know i will never really be able to understand Gods plan that he has for me in these next couple days, weeks and years, i know that the mission will always bless my life. I know that many of the things that I have learned here will be the foundation of how I form everything in all the important decisions that I will be taking in not too long of time. As for as the things that have happened in this week I was going to explain all that happened but then I decided to be "that" missionary and quote 3 John 1:13-14...

 13 had many things to write, but will not with ink and pen write unto thee:
 14 But trust shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.

.... yeah sorry I had to do it. Anyways I am super excited to see everyone and excited to enjoy these last couple days in the mission... really its just tonight and tomorrow I will be in the field because on Wednesday I will be in the Temple and with President and on Thursday super early Ill be going to the airport. 

I would, however like to leave you guys with my testimony. My true feelings really cant be shared through an email but I will try my best. I feel as if I have changed greatly in these last two years. I am so so grateful for the decision I took to serve. It has been the greatest decision in my life. It has been hard and I have not been perfect, but I really feel like I have tried my best and hope I have made the difference I needed to make here in this wonderful country. I love my Saviour, Jesus Christ. My testimony of Him and His Gospel and grown so much in this time that looking back I don't not even recognize the testimony that I thought I once had. I really have felt his love, I have felt the power of His Atonement, and have felt him on my side when I felt Like I could not go any further and I have seen His Miracle and blessings being poured into my life and the lives of so many people that i love here in this country. I know this Church is true and that we have a living prophet and guides us. I sustain him with all my heart and know he will help guide us in these last days. I know the Church was restored through a young boy that had a simple question, nothing can break me from the certainty I have Joseph Smith was called of God, that he Saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ, and that through him the Book of Mormon was translated as evidence and testimony of Jesus Christ and His love that he has for all his children. I also know that families can be together forever. Nothing sounds so sweet in my ears than that phrase and it has come to be the peace and surety that holds me together in hard times as I think that through temple covenants I can be with my family for all time and eternity. I am so grateful that God has let me be on the Earth in these days to witness the Restoration of the Gospel and I plan to live my life the best i can to reflect just how grateful I am. 

Once Again I want to thank you all. Really I could not have done all this without the support of friends and family back home. I hope to see all of you that i can soon to personally express the gratitude. Well... see you guys on Thursday!

Love (for the last time),
Elder Nelson


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sweet and powerful testimony and for your service! I'm really looking forward to your homecoming and will see you then!!

    ReplyDelete