Monday, December 14, 2015

New change for the new year!

Hello everyone! SO this week has been quite an eventful for one for me. Mom, the pictures look great from the activity and it seemed like a great success! I'm sure the people loved it and loved the nativities and music, Wish I could have seen it in person. Seems like it would be a cool tradition to keep up. Anyways I just received my new companion. Tuesday we received a message that there was a conflict on the border and the news couldn't come in from Guatemala and we would have to wait until Thursday. But regardless my companion had a plane to catch so I said goodbye to my companion at about 4 in the morning on Wednesday and spent the day in Quezaltepeque with Elder Romero until our new companions came. Thursday we went to Illopongo for the change meeting and I recieved Elder Vazquez! He is from Mexico and seems like a pretty cool guy. I am really excited to work with him for these next 12 weeks. Oh, and something else, at the change meeting I was also informed that i am not only training but am district leader as well .I had been a little overwhelmed this week with dealing with the two responsibilities but I am starting to get the hang of it. I had my first district meeting as well which seemed to go pretty well. I still have a lot to learn.

I also had to give a talk in sacrament meeting this sunday. Its like everyone decided to throw everything on me at once. I am excited to have a new week to start fresh. Like I said I got really stressed and a little disanimated with the area. We didnt have a lot of success this week because we basically had only three days to work in the area. I want to put an example for my district and we have a lot of work to do, so prayers are always appreciated. 

Other than that the work goes on here. We really have to find a bunch of new people to teach and people always say they are busy in this time of the year, But we have a lot of hope and are going to work hard this week. Love you all and am thankful for the support. TIll next week!

Elder Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment