Monday, August 10, 2015

happy Monday!

Hello everyone! Its a wonderful Monday morning here in central america and i hope you guys are all happy and healthy.  I received a bunch of pictures of the family this week and of Navy's baby blessing!! That's so crazy she looks so big and the whole family looks great. i wish i could have been there and was there in spirit. Congratulations to the Bell family you guys are awesome! Also congrats to Kevin for Graduating! Awesome things happening in the big AZ. Over here in the little ES (El Salvador?) the work moves on. This week we had the oportunidad to go into San Salvador to the temple. Unfortunately we didn't have the chance to go into the temple, but was something almost just as special. We have been inviting for about a month now investigators and recent conversos to come with us. In our ward we have nearly 40 people come between the two sets of missionaries here. Lots of success! At the temple the went on a learning tour thing where we had presentacions of all aspects of the Gospel. Things like the Book of mormon, los convenios, family history, and what we do in the temple! And i had to give a prayer in front of 300 or so people... Not going to lie i was a bit nervous. Lots of people loved it and afterwards we had more people that were asking us to come and teach them more. 

Anyways this week we have four baptisms planned! 3 of these baptisms we have been working on for a very long time and we are praying they all go through because there are still some parts that need to fall into place. One of our investigators Jose that is going to be baptized, at first told us he had no interest in any religion, and wanted to enjoy his life without "restrictions". Now he has a testimony stronger than almost any member in the ward, and constantly want to help us do missionary work! He is awesome and one of our good friends. Its amazing to see what a change this gospel can make in the lives of the people it touches. Including my own life, the Gospel and this church is the most powerful way to bring happiness joy and blessings in every aspect of the life.  I dream that everyone will be able to enjoy these blessings as well.  I think a lot of the picture of the Savior standing at the door knocking and all we have to do is open it and receive him. All that anyone could possible need is here, we just have to open the door and let him into our lives. 

Also as a continuación of my experiences of joy of living in the El Salvador, this week I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. My friend Mr. Bat had a friend , and Mrs. Rat  was waiting for me. Yes, I screamed. It was bigger than my head. That was my near death experience of the week. Stay tuned for more to come.

Love you all and am so thankful for all that you guys do for me! I miss you guys so much but there is a time for everything, and right now my time is here in San Miguel with these people. I am happy to be in the service of my Lord and Savior. Till next week!

Elder Nelson

Elder Nelson with companions Elder Burgos y Elder Perdomo


No comments:

Post a Comment